This is not counseling! Sadly, most couples use counseling/therapy as a last resort to rescue a marriage in trouble. The hope of Milestone Mediation and Relationship Education is that we can help you get on the right track with mutually satisfying agreements for living day to day, and help you find a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) before your marriage hits a crisis point!
Milestone can help in three ways by:
1. Helping you and your spouse arrive at an agreement regarding immediate solutions to the issues listed below and others, using mediation, and/or
2. Coaching you on solution-based skills as a couple, with an agenda determined by you for a short period of time (every two weeks until you feel you can several weeks to several months), and/or
3. Enrolling you in one or more of our relationship enhancing workshops or retreats where, along with other couples, we will zero-in on specific skills.
Some of the issues appropriate for Marriage Mediation:
• Living arrangements – including everything from household chore responsibility to privacy time
• Financial issues
• Parenting differences
• Career conflict
• Infidelity coping strategies
• In-law involvement
• X-spouse involvement
• StepFamily dynamics
• Sex & Intimacy needs
• Communication style conflicts
How To Proceed
- To arrange for a mutually convenient appointment for a free 30 minute consultation to see if mediation is appropriate for your issue, call 801-624-9555 or contact Kris via our website. At that time, a detailed explanation of the process is described, and a written outline provided.
- For WORKSHOPS in your area, call Kris at 801-624-9555 to find out when the subject you are interested in will be presented next, or to arrange one in your home or community.