All Family / Domestic Issues
- Divorce – all aspects of the impending situation – Custody, Parenting Plans, Alimony, Division of Assets and Liabilities, etc. If you have a contested divorce in the State of Utah you will be required to attend at least one session of mediation before it goes to the courts, and you must use a mediator on the Court Approved Roster of Divorce Mediators.
- Parenting Plans - if you have children and a contested divorce in the State of Utah, you will need a mediator from the Court Roster to help you put together a Parenting Plan to file with the Court along with your other papers. Judges and Commissioners are looking for a Parenting Plan that puts the needs of the child first. Parenting Plans are a specialty of Milestone Mediation.
- Co-parenting Plans are for parents living apart that want to make sure they are creating the healthiest emotional and physical environment possible for their children in the new, redefined family. Some of the things these plans include are visitation schedules and education, and childcare issues like medical situations – and let’s not forget grandparent time!
- Re-negotiation of parent time and parenting issues. This mediation is helpful for both parents as they re-visit the current plan asking, “Is this still the best scenario for the children?” Children’s needs change as they grow up, and the parenting plan needs to change along with them..
- Step-Family structures & plans- helping families blend and establish balance.
- ElderCare & Adult Family situations – helping restore family unity when elders are in crisis, with the hope of strengthening family bonds rather than allowing conflict between adult siblings or siblings and aging parents break families apart. Family dissent is the last thing aging parents need at this stage of their lives. We help elders age peacefully by getting the adult family to work together.
- Existing Marriages - This mediation can be helpful to negotiate living arrangements, money, intimacy, children, time management and many other issues when couples have exhausted the counseling route. Perhaps a couple cannot afford to get a divorce and establish two households during this economy. Milestone Mediation can help the couple come to an agreement about their living arrangements in the same home until the time comes they can actually make the break.
- Pre and Post-nuptial agreements
- Pre-divorce Dilemma – This mediation is beneficial for couples asking “Should we stay or should we go?”
- Parent-Teen - Having a neutral professional educated in family systems and dynamics can make certain that both the parent and teen will feel heard. The goal is to help the parties come to a fair agreement – this could be on living arrangements, household rules or responsibilities, behavior in the home or school, or anything else the family is at odds with. Click here for more information.
- Conflict management within departments and between departments
- Conflict management between employer and employee(s)
- Conflict management between co-workers
- Negotiation for Elder/Child Care possibilities